Friday, September 19, 2014

Clearsnap and Walnut Hollow Blog Hop- Easy Stencil Tips


My fear of stenciling- real! I always screwed up my project- goops of color in the corners- slippery stencils, color under the stencil. I wasn't about to let stencils beat me, so I practiced. I made a stencil-life-changing-discovery; Respoitionable Spray Adhesive! I use it all the time on my die cut machine carriers- why not on my stencils? And it works- just take a look at my Snapguide at the end of this post and you can see my tips and tricks in action. Today I am playing with some super fun Walnut Hollow French Provincial Signboards. I got a few sizes and when they came, I immediately saw that they needed to be a two tier display tray. First I just base coated them with some white primer, stenciled them with Colorbox Crafters Ink in Aruba and Limon and Colorbox Art Screens Bloom and Rounded  then added in a dollar store candlestick and voila!






Supplies:

Check out How to Stencil With Clearsnap Inks and Walnut Hallow by Denise Hahn on Snapguide.
FOR MORE INSPIRATION CHECK OUT THE CLEARSNAP CREATIVE TEAMS PROJECTS HERE:

13 comments:

  1. These are my colors! And I love to bake! What a lovely way to display my cupcakes! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea and so versatile. Even a crafty newbie girl like myself might be able to do this. Scrap Lifting for sure! Thank you for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS just had to add I am totally going to follow you on all social media, like your own personal crafting stalker, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your display stand. Thanks for the stencil tip. I always mess up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cupcake display!! very awesome, great color choices. the cupcakes look delicious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cupcake stand so bright and colorful, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cupcake holder. Making two tiers out of them was a great idea.
    Glad you conquered your fear of stencils. You beat them.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cupcake holder!
    Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my your cupcake holder would be fun for any party! I have the screens and enjoy using them....many thanks for more inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The colors are stunning, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great project!!! and thanks for the fantastic tutorial!
    amantedelpapel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is absolutely superb!!! What a brilliant idea! I totally adore it!!! Thanks for the super sweet inspiration!!! :)

    ReplyDelete